Since my last post I have decided that bantu knots are going to be my everyday style. I like the look of them and they are really easy to do. I will do rod sets when I want to look nice or I am going someplace special.
On Friday morning I co-washed my hair with Pantene conditioner and I used the shea butter leave in that is pictured below (posted last Monday). I did a rod set since me and my cutie hubbie were going out on a date. I sat under the dryer until my hair was about 90% dry. I mixed Infusium 23, water, carrot oil and vitamin E oil in the spray bottle and used that to wet my ends and roots as I rolled my hair. I have the rolling process down to about 22 minutes -- WOOT WOOT--Tho dem hands in the ayer a-ayer ayer a-ayer fo me!
I had a bar mitzvah on Saturday so the style kept for the next day as well. Yesterday I had ZERO plans other than going to the gym so I really didn't care what it looked like. Today I had a dentist appointment and it was starting to look raggedy so I threw on a headband and went on with my day. I worked out and came home and washed my hair with the coconut shampoo (that stuff smells WONDERFUL). Well, let me clarify that, I didn't wash my hair I washed my scalp because it was itching something terrible. I used the Pantene conditioner and detangled in the shower. When I got out I used the shea butter leave in and sprayed my roots with the Infusium 23, water and oil solution that I mentioned above. My hair LOVES this mixture. I have found for me that the bantu knots work better on dry hair more so than on wet hair so I sat under the dryer for about 25 minutes. Before I go to bed tonight I will do about 8 bantu knots.
My Hair LOVES:
Shea butter
Carrot oil
Vitamin E oil
Coconut oil
Infusium 23 ***good lookin out Deidre. i had forgot about this***
Pantene conditioner
Coconut milk shampoo
My hair HATES:
Being styled/rolled/manipulated while wet - must get 90% dry first
Non organic shampoos - yep, this has been the problem all along wish I woulda know this years ago.
Oil Sheen of any kind - again, hindsight
Hair gel
Hair spray
http://www.naturallycurly.com/hair-types
Peace, Love and Coconut Oil!!!
~GNH~
wow I love the blog! I wish I even had a single follower. It's interesting how your hair responds to things. My hair likes being manipulated when it's wet, but loves everything else your hair loves. Our hair somewhat similar! Sorry, I'm long winded and extremely random. :) again, awesome blog!
ReplyDeleteLove it!
ReplyDeletethanks ladies. i am do what i can to motivate yall!!!!
ReplyDelete