One more day to go and then it's the WEEKEND BABY!!!!
I have no idea why I am so tired. Oh wait, it may have to do with the fact that I woke up at 4am. Why? I have no idea. Then I just couldn't get comfortable. Maybe I need one of those tempur-pedic sleep mattresses. I heard that they make for an excellent nights sleep.
In the famous word of Betty Wright in No Pain No Gain "anything worth having at all is worth working for and waiting for." On days like today I wish that this crap on my head was all "my hair". I am telling you, it was a soggy mess out there and needless to say by the time I walked from the car to the building my head could be classfied as a federal disaster area by FEMA. See, today I woke up and kinda finger fluffed my hair and used a long black scarf as a headband and tied it around my head and let the rest of the scarf hang long. Now, let me just tell you, the last time I had a creamy crack application was on August 1st. I have the type of hair that grows super duper fast since I eat right and excersie often. Since I looked so terrible I decided to tie the scarf around my head and knot (bun) it in the back. You know how they do (I don't know what that is called). This is the first time I have done anything afro-centric with my hair at this job. I did get some odd looks but it wasn't from the students. Many of my students commented on how pretty I looked and asked how I did it because they wanted to go home and try it. It made me feel good. So maybe I was worried about them for nothing.
The weekend is coming so I am going to deep wash/condition and flex rod my head. I am so looking forward to it. Can I post pictures here?
No comments:
Post a Comment