Okay, okay, I know, I have been away for a few days. Look, work was really holding a sista down so I have been neglecting my journaling duties. However, I did not my hair.
Since I last posted I haven't done anything new. I did bantu knots (my style of choice during this transitional phase) on Saturday and left them in. I didn't really have any place to be until Wednesday. When I went out I just put on my trusty floppy hat and BIG 'OL earrings. I was so cute (but I do need my eyebrows done). Which this was a good idea since I did need to give my hair a break and it was raining cats and dogs. It still is. I mean I am gonna have to build an ark and start gathering animals two by two soon. I put on a cotton scarf when I worked out so that it could absorb the sweat. Anyhow, I took the bantu knots down Wednesday morning and WOW!!! My curls were bangin'. I know, I should have taken a picture. Even in the rain they held up. I put on my satin bonnet last night and the curls were still fantastic today even with working out yesterday and today. They were still cute today but I needed to shampoo my hair. My scalp was starting to itch. I washed my hair and used the regular conditioner (pantene) and combed out my hair in the shower. This is the first time I have used a comb since Saturday. I then put in my cantu leave in conditioner and some vitamin E oil and sat under the dryer for about 35 minutes. Did more bantu knots (about 13)and put on the satin bonnet. I will try to make this one last till Sunday......maybe I can push it to Monday before I have to redo them.
Oh, I forgot to mention that each day while the bantu knots were still in I sprayed my roots with a mixture of Infusium 23, coconut oil, tea tree oil and vitamin E oil. This protective style was a good way for me to see my natural hair growth and moisturize the natural hair.
The next thing I want to try is the bun scarf.
The directions on how to do this are at:
This site also has a video:
The first thing that I am going to need to do is find the right type and size head wrap. The process doesn't seem that intimidating if I get the right type of scarf. I just want alternatives to hats since I can't wear a hat at work. People do but I think that it is tasteless, classless and very unprofessional.I am sure that there are others out there as well. Personally, I do not want to get braids (I am really going to try not to), I have never had a weave and I am not a cornrow type of person so my options on how to transition are limited. Whatever I decide to do, I just need to continue to stay away from the heat and condition and moisturize.
Peace, Love and Scarves
~GNH~
Definitely try the scarf. I have almost 10 scarfs and I wrap a silk scarf for protection first, then a large cotton or linen based scarf for bulk. It's good when you're having a bad hair day or need to be somewhere on the go but your hair isn't ready yet.
ReplyDeleteWhere did you find the scarves?
ReplyDelete