So, speaking of Wal-mart, I did check and they do have that shampoo that I mentioned on Monday. You gotta look down low. The one I went to had the coconut milk one and a tea tree kind. Target has more options but at least now I know I can get it there as well.
Last night I was on YOUTUBE (yeah I know big surprise) and I was watching bantu knot videos because I still want to give it a shot. I found a ton of them. Some people put as few as 4 in their head and they turned out great. So I decided to give it another go. What the heck, it's just hair. I moistened my hair a little with the water, conditioner & oil solution that I have and just grabbed sections of hair (no parting) and did about 10 bantu knots. The trick many people said was to not try and have defined parts, finger comb and make sure that ALL of it gets wrapped around and pay special attention to the ends of your hair when wrapping.
So I did that and I liked the results. I am sure it would be even cuter had I done it BEFORE the twist out that I had to turn into a fro. After I co-wash later this week I will try it again. But I like it. It took me about 4-5 minutes to do 10 of them. I used hair pins to hold mine in place. Next time I think I might do even less; let's say about 8.
Here are the results.
Front - Ain't I cute!!!
Back- I am still cute!!!
Peace, Love and Essential Oils!!!
~GNH~
Very Cute, I love your headband and hair :-)
ReplyDelete